Sunday 16 September 2007

Highschool Reunions Are Hot




Highschool Reunions are increasingly popular these days, and since I drifted through a school or two, three maybe, in my days, and know a few musicians, I now find myself on stage in nostalgic jamsessions occasionally.
This time I kind of disguised myself as the drummer, to take a few pictures 'from the driver's seat', like Stewart Copeland of The Police used to do, when all of a sudden the MC started to announce the next guest musicians and it was too late to escape when I heard: 'on drums, from the class of 76, mr: .............' and saw a mike under my nose, so I answered:
'Piet Veerman', the first name from the 70's I could think of, and winged myself through the following jam. Nobody noticed anything anyway, apart from Piet himself maybe, if the cat was listening...


















when the song was finished I blended into the backstage area and partied on happily with the long time no sees.

One of my personal highlights of the day was a brilliant Rebel Dada speech by an old friend from the Hollanditis days, dressed up as Jeroen Krabbe. We thought he had given up art for politics, but he proved us he'd found a way to combine them with the use of irony.


































Then we were treated to some very cool Nun Comedy, and from then on the ghost of the seventies was out of the bottle and wild dancing could begin. A band full of pro's from the Musical world and Borsato-bizz almost rocked the ceiling off with their mix of Soulful Sounds and Disco Classics.
If only they would celebrate together like that in schools these days, I heard many a party animal say...



No comments: