Thursday 23 August 2007

For Deepa - Everything Is Connected



Recently I'm learning all this computer stuff, wich is exciting in its possibilities, but sometimes complicated, frustrating, time-consuming, or just boring.
I still try to keep my excercises inspiring, like this logo I designed some time ago
for my best friend, who's a musician, baker, carpenter, a garden 'magician', and an excellent house-painter for a living. Since his name ,in Dutch, means Peacock, I used peacock feathers as a symbol for ancient natural quality and beauty.
It represents a painter's eye, color, light and many more deeper meanings.

Then last night I was surfing the web looking for answers to some technical questions about animated pictures, when I stumbled upon the blogs of a lady from India who not only had the answers to all my questions (and many more, too,) already written out for web students like you and me, but along with these gifts came pictures and poetry. Food for thought indeed:

http://beta-templatetesting.blogspot.com

When I saw her logo thumbnail, a peacockfeather(!!!), I wanted to return her a little gift, to thank her for passing on her teaching, and to celebrate the fact that everything is connected

No comments: